Triumph Tiger Sport 660
NEW FOR 2023
Arriving new to our Rental Fleet in 2023 – a fantastic first choice for a NZ Trip, with triple performance and responsiveness, head-turning Tiger poise and incredible comfort, capability and versatility.
We have enhanced your long-distance touring capability with the fully integrated, color-coded panniers and 52 Litre (13.7-US gallon) twin-helmet top box. The stylish design with single key locking will keep your luggage dry, protected, and secure. Whether a laptop, two full face helmets or sleeping bag, the elegant injection-molded panniers and top box will add practicality and versatility needed for your tour!
The Tiger Sport 660 comes equipped with discreetly integrated pannier mounts as standard, allowing for the easy fitment of the large panniers, while maintaining all of the Tiger’s clean rear-end styling when the panniers aren’t fitted.
Fear of a drop shouldn’t be hanging over you while on tour in our beautiful country – we have added the protection you need for peace of mind in every maneuver. Ride confidently with crash protection bars and fork protectors, and handguards, plus of course best quality Metzeler tyres.
We have set up our rental bikes with comfort & convenient features like heated grips. These have three temperature settings, selected via the neatly integrated button. Phone &/or GPS mounts are available plus USB charging port.
|Days:||Peak/High Season||Shoulder Season
|15 to 21||NZ$169.00||NZ$129.00|
|6 to 14||NZ$179.00||NZ$149.00|
|2 to 5||NZ$189.00||NZ$169.00|
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder, 240° firing order|
|Max Torque||EC 47.2 lbft (64 Nm) @ 6,250 rpm|
|System||Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with electronic throttle control|
|Exhaust||Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system with low single sided stainless steel silencer|
|Final Drive||X-ring chain|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate, slip|
|Frame||Tubular steel perimeter frame|
|Swingarm||Twin-sided, fabricated steel|
|Front Wheel||Cast aluminium, 17 x 3.5 in|
|Rear Wheel||Cast aluminium, 17 x 5.5 in|
|Front Tire||120/70 ZR 17 (58W)|
|Rear Tire||180/55 ZR 17 (73W)|
|Front Suspension||Showa 41mm upside down separate function cartridge forks, 150mm wheel travel|
|Rear Suspension||Showa monoshock RSU, with remote hydraulic preload adjustment, 150mm wheel travel|
|Front Brakes||Nissin two-piston sliding calipers, twin 310mm discs, ABS|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston sliding caliper, single 255mm disc, ABS|
|Instrument Display and Functions||Multi-function instruments with colour TFT screen|
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS
|Width Handlebars||32.83 in (834 mm)|
|Height Without Mirror||55.04 in (1398 mm) high / 51.77 in (1315 mm) low screen position|
|Seat Height||32.87 in (835 mm) Note: Rental Low seat option available|
|Wheelbase||55.82 in (1418 mm)|
|Trail||3.82 in (97.1 mm)|
|Tank Capacity||4.5 US gal (17.2 litres)|
|Wet Weight||455 lbs|
|Fuel Consumption||52.2 mpg (4.5 L / 100km) Mixed riding|
Rates include Free side luggage cases, unlimited Kms˚ and tax
Peak/High Season: November – March
Shoulder/Low season: April – October
Bond: $3,750.00 or $950.00*
*Add $30 per day to the hire rate for this bond rate to apply. Minimum hire 7 days to be eligible.
Includes Tax, Unlimited Kilometres (4+ days only)
"As an affordable yet well-appointed sport-tourer, the Tiger Sport 660 is undeniably well-rounded. From commuting to canyon carving to touring, Hinckley’s latest middleweight does it all. The competition better look out because there’s a new Tiger on their tail."
"It looks sharp from the front, with a triangular face and sleek LED headlamps that would be easy to mistake for a Japanese motorcycle. The rear section is more familiar to the Trident, but this bike gets a longer subframe, which results in a much more spacious rider seat."
"The boys from Hinckley don’t beat around the bush: the A2-licence friendly middleweight Tiger 660 Sport has to make short work of the Japanese competitors that have dominated this class for years."
- License requirements
- Security Bond
- Collision Damage Waiver - $33 per day for lower bond rate, minimum 7 days rental to be eligible.
- FREE Side Luggage for Standard Cases.
- FREE Unlimited Kilometers on rentals 6 Days & over*
- Navigation TomTom Rider 400/450 GPS available NZ$10 per day (maximum NZ$120 per rental, Bond NZ$400).
- Bring your own GPS complete with wiring & mounts - fitting charge NZ$50 plus any hardware we need to provide.
- Top-boxes available @ $4 per day ($80 Maximum).
- Tank-bags available @ $4 per day (NZ$48 Maximum).
- Lowering links can be fitted to the rear suspension of Tiger 900, DL650 NZ$80 fitting fee.
- Low Seats available for some models, please ask for options NZ$80 per hire.
- Puncture repair and tyre inflation kits supplied for NZ$20 per hire.
*Short Term Rentals 2 to 5 days have 350 kilometres per day included – Free, additional KM over 350 per day will be charged at 39c per KM on bikes up to 750cc, 59c/km on bikes over 760cc
- Rider minimum age is 21 years old and must hold valid motorcycle license & can only hire bikes up to 650cc
- Hire Motorcycles 700cc and over have a minimum rider age of 25.
- Long Term Hires - Hires over 22 days rates are by negotiation, please ask for options
- We have depots in Auckland and Christchurch, one-way hires are Okay. One way hires Auckland -Christchurch, or Christchurch – Auckland will incur a $799 surcharge.
All our rental motorcycles are maintained by fully qualified motorcycle technicians, and are New Zealand Government Transport certified as rental vehicles.
During the hire period NZBIKE.COM is not obliged to replace an accident damaged motorcycle, but we will do our best to get you back on the road as soon as possible. If you damage a motorcycle you must report this to NZBIKE.COM immediately.
During the hire period the hirer is responsible for taking care of the motorcycle including basic maintenance, including correct tyre pressures, Oil levels, and - on hires over 22 days - Oil and filter replacement (if necessary) is paid by us. Proof of purchase must be provided on return of the motorcycle for re-imbursement.
Most overseas licenses are valid for use in New Zealand; the same restrictions apply as the country of origin. Riders must be 25 years of age or over for all our motorcycles over 700cc and have reasonable riding experience. Licenses must have a motorcycle endorsement. If your license is not in English, an international driving permit will be required.
The customer or the customer's travel agent is responsible for all paperwork requiring entry to New Zealand. Requirements due to COVID-19 change frequently so please check the latest requirements.
- 20% deposit required to confirm a RENTAL booking. Deposit 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 30 days of hire commencing.
- 10% deposit required to reserve a TOUR booking. Deposit is 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 60 days of tour commencing, Payments and Deposits if cancelled within 30 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Confirmed Tours need to be fully paid 60 days prior to departure, full tour payment is 50% refundable up to 30 days from departure.
A bond equal to the insurance excess amount is required from the hirer at the time the motorcycle is picked up. This bond is to be secured with a credit card pre-authorization and is cancelled when the motorcycle is returned undamaged to NZBIKE.COM Depot. Any damage to the motorcycle, up to the insurance excess will be deducted from the security bond (or CDW amount if applicable).
- Note: Credit Card is needed on hire pickup, Bonds are not charged but a pre-authorization of the bond amount is confirmed. Your credit card must have sufficient clear funds equal to the bond amount.
Motorcycle insurance is not included in the rental rates. It covers damage to the motorcycle, fire and theft only. The hirer is separately liable for any accessories hired with the motorcycle. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model and is listed in the schedule Insurance Deposits.