Triumph Tiger 900 & 800
Setting a new benchmark to take your riding off-road with total confidence, the Tiger 900 Rally Pro is designed to deliver all you need, for any road or ride, whatever the destination or distance.
This incredible bike is packed with range-topping levels of category-leading specification for maximum off-road adventure and complete capability on the road.
The new generation, more than an updated version of the Triumph 800 makes it the most adventurous Tiger ever produced. The bolt in aluminium subframe is a new design and something liked by many adventure riders. With many additional features, including all the fancy electronics, slimer and lighter engine makes for a very clever addition to the Triumph family. It is a motorcycle that will suit many riders and provide a comfortable and memorable journey around New Zealand.
We also offer the Tiger Triumph 800 model.
|Days:||Peak/High Season||Shoulder Season
|15 to 21||NZ$219.00||NZ$199.00|
|6 to 14||NZ$239.00||NZ$225.00|
|2 to 5||NZ$259.00||NZ$239.00|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||888|
|Bore x Stroke||78 mm x 61.9 mm|
|Fuel System||Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection|
|Overall Width (mm)||935mm|
|Overall Height (mm)||1452-1502|
|Seat Height (mm)||850-870mm|
|Kerb Mass (kg)||201kg|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Showa 45mm upside down forks, manual preload, rebound damping and compression damping adjustment, 240mm travel|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Showa rear suspension unit, manual preload and rebound damping adjustment, 230mm wheel travel|
|Brakes Front||Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo Stylema 4 piston Monobloc calipers. Radial front master cylinder, Optimised Cornering ABS|
|Brakes Rear||Brembo single piston sliding caliper.|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||20L|
Peak Season 1 December to 15 March
Shoulder Season 16 March to 30 November
Bond: $3,750.00 or $950.00*
*Add $30 per day to the hire rate for this bond rate to apply. Minimum hire 7 days to be eligible.
Includes Tax, Insurance & Unlimited Kilometres (4+ days only)
“I felt like Triumph was blowing smoke about how much better this new bike was going to be. I was incredibly wrong. The new Tiger blows away the previous Tiger 800 in nearly every way. I would challenge anyone out there on a Tiger 800 to find yourself a test ride on the new 900 and try to disagree.” Revzilla
- FREE Side Luggage for Standard Cases.
- FREE Unlimited Kilometers on rentals 6 Days & over*
- FREE Insurance - full motorcycle cover included in all prices with standard Bond.
- Navigation TomTom Rider 400/450 GPS available NZ$10 per day (maximum NZ$120 per rental, Bond NZ$400).
- Bring your own GPS complete with wiring & mounts - fitting charge NZ$25 plus any hardware we need to provide.
- Top-boxes available @ $4 per day ($40 Maximum)
- Tank-bags available @ $4 per day (NZ$30 Maximum).
- Lowering links can be fitted to the rear suspension of Tiger 900, DL650 NZ$50 fitting fee.
- Low Seats available for some models, please ask for options NZ$50 per hire
- Puncture repair and tyre inflation kits supplied for NZ$18 per hire
*Short Term Rentals 2 to 5 days have 350 kilometers per day included - Free.
All our rental motorcycles meet all legal requirements for riding on New Zealand public roads. They have a certificate of fitness as required by NZ Transport Agency for rental vehicles. We use very good quality tyres on our fleet of bikes, these are replaced regularly to ensure hirers have the best riding experience.
All our rental motorcycles are maintained by fully qualified motorcycle technicians and are New Zealand Government Transport certified for rental vehicles. Most models have hard case panniers and soft luggage bags are available for smaller models. In the unlikely event of a motorcycle breaking down, we will repair the machine or replace it as soon as possible. Our Guided Tour support vans are equipped to carry motorcycles and also have tools, spares and first aid kits.
Most overseas drivers licences are valid for use in New Zealand; the same restrictions apply as the country of origin. Riders must be 25 years of age or over for all our motorcycles. Licences must have a motorcycle endorsement for 650cc or above. If your licence is not in English, an international driving permit will be required.
Motorcycle insurance is included in the rental rates. It covers damage to the motorcycle, fire and theft only. The hirer is separately liable for any accessories hired with the motorcycle. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model and is listed in the schedule Insurance Deposits.
- Rider minimum age is 21 years old and must hold valid drivers license suitable for machine being hired. Hire Motorcycles 700cc and over have a minimum rider age of 25.
- Long Term Hires - Hires over 22 days rates are by negotiation, please ask for options.
- We have depots in Auckland and Christchurch, one way hires are Okay. One way hires less than 14 days may incur a $399 surcharge.
- 20% deposit required to confirm a RENTAL booking. Deposit 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 30 days of hire commencing.
- 10% deposit required to confirm a TOUR booking. Deposit is 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 60 days of tour commencing, Payments and Deposits if cancelled within 30 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Note: Credit Card is needed on hire pickup, Bonds are not charged but a pre-authorization of the bond amount is confirmed.
- Tour and Additional Terms and Conditions can be found here
A bond equal to the excess amount is required from the hirer at the time the motorcycle is picked up. This bond is to be secured with a credit card slip and is fully refundable when the motorcycle is returned undamaged to NZ Bike. Any damage to the motorcycle, up to the insurance excess will be deducted from the security bond (or CDW amount if applicable).