Africa Twin Sports
Forget Africa-come explore New Zealand on this ideal twin!You’re ready for this. Hard-riding, free-range and off-grid. Built without compromise and on experience of decades the new CRF1100L Africa Twin leaves the rulebook in its roost.
Heritage of the Africa Twin combined with new technologies makes the new 1100 a ride you will never forget and be an envy of those back home listening to your stories.
The twin-cylinder engine is larger 1084cc and produces 7% more peak power, 6% more peak torque, which makes it much stronger everywhere in the rev range.
The 2020 Africa twin is smaller, slimmer and 4kg lighter than its predecessors. This allows you to take adventure riding to another level and experience what New Zealand has to offer, especially with 6 riding modes to work with. Other features include HSTC, cruise control, Cornering ABS and Wheelie Control and a TFT touch screen display.
|Days:||Peak/High Season||Shoulder Season
|15 to 21||NZ$319.00||NZ$295.00|
|6 to 14||NZ$339.00||NZ$315.00|
|2 to 5||NZ$359.00||NZ$339.00|
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled 8 valve parallel twin with 27 degree crank and uni-cam; 4-stroke|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||1084|
|Bore x Stroke||92 mm x 81.5 mm|
|Transmission||6 speed manual|
|Starter System||Push button electric start|
|Ignition||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection (throttle by wire)|
|Overall Length (mm)||2330|
|Overall Width (mm)||960|
|Overall Height (mm)||1395|
|Suspension travel front/rear||250|
|Seat Height (mm)||870|
|Kerb Mass (kg)||226|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Inverted fork w/204 mm axle travel|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Swingarm w/220 mm axle travel|
|Brakes Front||Two four-piston hydraulic calipers w/310 mm disc;ABS|
|Brakes Rear||Single one-piston hydraulic caliper w/256 mm discs;ABS|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||18.8|
Peak Season 1 December to 15 March
Shoulder Season 16 March to 30 November
Bond: $3,750.00 or $950.00*
*Add $30 per day to the hire rate for this bond rate to apply. Minimum hire 7 days to be eligible.
Includes Tax, Insurance & Unlimited Kilometres (4+ days only)
“If your off-road skills and confidence are not up to scratch, but you want the comforts and luggage capacity afforded by a large adventure machine, while still getting out and amongst serious terrain that will challenge your mettle, then you won’t do it easier on anything else.” mcnews.com.au
- FREE Side Luggage for Standard Cases.
- FREE Unlimited Kilometers on rentals 6 Days & over*
- FREE Insurance - full motorcycle cover included in all prices with standard Bond.
- Navigation TomTom Rider 400/450 GPS available NZ$10 per day (maximum NZ$120 per rental, Bond NZ$400).
- Bring your own GPS complete with wiring & mounts - fitting charge NZ$25 plus any hardware we need to provide.
- Top-boxes available @ $4 per day ($40 Maximum)
- Tank-bags available @ $4 per day (NZ$30 Maximum).
- Lowering links can be fitted to the rear suspension of Tiger 900, DL650 NZ$50 fitting fee.
- Low Seats available for some models, please ask for options NZ$50 per hire
- Puncture repair and tyre inflation kits supplied for NZ$18 per hire
*Short Term Rentals 2 to 5 days have 350 kilometers per day included - Free.
All our rental motorcycles meet all legal requirements for riding on New Zealand public roads. They have a certificate of fitness as required by NZ Transport Agency for rental vehicles. We use very good quality tyres on our fleet of bikes, these are replaced regularly to ensure hirers have the best riding experience.
All our rental motorcycles are maintained by fully qualified motorcycle technicians and are New Zealand Government Transport certified for rental vehicles. Most models have hard case panniers and soft luggage bags are available for smaller models. In the unlikely event of a motorcycle breaking down, we will repair the machine or replace it as soon as possible. Our Guided Tour support vans are equipped to carry motorcycles and also have tools, spares and first aid kits.
Most overseas drivers licences are valid for use in New Zealand; the same restrictions apply as the country of origin. Riders must be 25 years of age or over for all our motorcycles. Licences must have a motorcycle endorsement for 650cc or above. If your licence is not in English, an international driving permit will be required.
Motorcycle insurance is included in the rental rates. It covers damage to the motorcycle, fire and theft only. The hirer is separately liable for any accessories hired with the motorcycle. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model and is listed in the schedule Insurance Deposits.
- Rider minimum age is 21 years old and must hold valid drivers license suitable for machine being hired. Hire Motorcycles 700cc and over have a minimum rider age of 25.
- Long Term Hires - Hires over 22 days rates are by negotiation, please ask for options.
- We have depots in Auckland and Christchurch, one way hires are Okay. One way hires less than 14 days may incur a $399 surcharge.
- 20% deposit required to confirm a RENTAL booking. Deposit 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 30 days of hire commencing.
- 10% deposit required to confirm a TOUR booking. Deposit is 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 60 days of tour commencing, Payments and Deposits if cancelled within 30 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Note: Credit Card is needed on hire pickup, Bonds are not charged but a pre-authorization of the bond amount is confirmed.
- Tour and Additional Terms and Conditions can be found here
A bond equal to the excess amount is required from the hirer at the time the motorcycle is picked up. This bond is to be secured with a credit card slip and is fully refundable when the motorcycle is returned undamaged to NZ Bike. Any damage to the motorcycle, up to the insurance excess will be deducted from the security bond (or CDW amount if applicable).