Punchy Performance, Adventure Styling
Furthermore, its free-revving, flexible engine performance - with internal design derived from the CBR600RR and CBR1000RR - has gained approval not only from riders stepping up to a full licence, but also from experienced motorcyclists looking for a fun, practical and economical all-rounder. CB500X evolves further with enhanced crossover style, function and desirability to offer a compelling package of all-round capability with an adventurous spirit.
It is ready for anything, styling has improved by taking cues from the Africa Twin.
And while the CB500X’s engine maintains the 35KW peak output, it now makes 4% more power and torque between 3-7000 rpm, thanks to revisions to the inlet, exhaust note and the engine now features an assist/slipper clutch.
|Days:||Peak/High Season||Shoulder Season
|15 to 21||NZ$139.00||NZ$109.00|
|6 to 14||NZ$159.00||NZ$139.00|
|2 to 5||NZ$169.00||NZ$159.00|
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled DOHC Parallel Twin|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||471|
|Bore x Stroke||67 mm x 66.8 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2156|
|Overall Width (mm)||828|
|Overall Height (mm)||1412|
|Seat Height (mm)||834|
|Kerb Mass (kg)||197|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Conventional Telescopic, 41 mm, Pre loaded adjustment|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Pro-link mono with 9 stage Preloaded adjuster|
|Brakes Front||Single one-piston caliper w/ 320mm petal-style disc; ABS|
|Brakes Rear||Single one-piston caliper w/ 240mm petal-style disc; ABS|
|Tyre Front||120/70ZR - 19 M/C (On-Off Pattern) 2020 model|
|Tyre Rear||160/60ZR - 17 M/C (On-Off Pattern)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||17.7|
|Luggage & Accessories||Trekker cases, upper and lower crash bars, driving lights, heated grips and USB outlet. Optional touring wind screen as pictured below.|
Rental Rates include side luggage cases, all taxes, all toll road fees.
Full comprehensive motorcycle insurance is included in the rental rates. This covers the motorcycle, accessories, fire, theft and third party. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model and is listed in the schedule Insurance Deposits - (Details in Terms and Conditions)
Rental Rates include unlimited free Kms (on hires 4 days or longer)
Peak/High Season: November – March
Shoulder/Low season: April – October
“Sometimes you feel like picking a corner of the map and exploring. And sometimes, you need a quick ride to the corner store. For a compact bike that can handle real adventures, and all the commutes in between, you need the CB500X.” Total Motorcycling
- License requirements
- Security Bond
- Collision Damage Waiver – From $15 per day for lower bond rate
- FREE Side Luggage for Standard Cases.
- FREE Unlimited Kilometers on rentals 4 Days & over*
- Navigation TomTom Rider 400/450 GPS available NZ$10 per day (maximum NZ$120 per rental).
- Bring your own GPS complete with wiring & mounts - fitting charge NZ$50 plus any hardware we need to provide.
- Top-boxes available @ $5 per day ($80 Maximum).
- Tank-bags available @ $10 per day (NZ$80 Maximum).
- Lowering links can be fitted to the rear suspension of Tiger 900, CB500X NZ$80 fitting fee.
- Low Seats available for CB500X & F850GS NZ$80 per hire.
- Puncture repair and tyre inflation kits supplied for NZ$20 per hire.
*Short Term Rentals 2 & 3 days have Free 350 kilometers per day included (Note: if you travel over the generous 350 per day allowance, additional KM will be charged at 39c per KM on bikes up to 750cc, on large bikes 790cc and over 59c/km
- Rider minimum age is 21 years old and must hold valid motorcycle license & can only hire bikes up to 650cc
- Hire Motorcycles 700cc and over have a minimum rider age of 25.
- Long Term Hires - Hires over 22 days rates are by negotiation, please ask for options
- We have depots in Auckland and Christchurch, one-way hires are Okay. One way hires Auckland -Christchurch, or Christchurch – Auckland will incur a $799 surcharge.
All our rental motorcycles are maintained by fully qualified motorcycle technicians, and are New Zealand Government Transport certified as rental vehicles.
During the hire period NZBIKE.COM is not obliged to replace an accident damaged motorcycle, but we will do our best to get you back on the road as soon as possible. If you damage a motorcycle you must report this to NZBIKE.COM immediately.
During the hire period the hirer is responsible for taking care of the motorcycle including basic maintenance, including correct tyre pressures, Oil levels, and - on hires over 22 days - Oil and filter replacement (if necessary) is paid by us. Proof of purchase must be provided on return of the motorcycle for re-imbursement.
Most overseas licenses are valid for use in New Zealand; the same restrictions apply as the country of origin. Riders must be 25 years of age or over for all our motorcycles over 700cc and have reasonable riding experience. Licenses must have a motorcycle endorsement. If your license is not in English, an international driving permit will be required.
The customer or the customer's travel agent is responsible for all paperwork requiring entry to New Zealand. Requirements due to COVID-19 change frequently so please check the latest requirements.
- 20% deposit required to confirm a RENTAL booking. Deposit 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 30 days of hire commencing.
- 10% deposit required to reserve a TOUR booking. Deposit is 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 60 days of tour commencing, Payments and Deposits if cancelled within 30 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Confirmed Tours need to be fully paid 60 days prior to departure, full tour payment is 50% refundable up to 30 days from departure.
A bond equal to the insurance excess amount is required from the hirer at the time the motorcycle is picked up. This bond is to be secured with a credit card pre-authorization and is cancelled when the motorcycle is returned undamaged to NZBIKE.COM Depot. Any damage to the motorcycle, up to the insurance excess will be deducted from the security bond (or CDW amount if applicable).
- Note: Credit Card is needed on hire pickup, Bonds are not charged but a pre-authorization of the bond amount is confirmed. Your credit card must have sufficient clear funds equal to the bond amount.
Full comprehensive motorcycle insurance is included in the rental rates. This includes the motorcycle, accessories, fire, theft and third party. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model.
The schedule of Insurance Deposits:
The standard Insurance Excess on all Motorcycles is NZ$4500
Stage 1 Collision Damage Waiver (CDW 1) reduces the Insurance Excess to $2900 cost is $15 per day
Stage 2 Collision Damage Waiver (CDW 2) reduces the Insurance Excess to $950 cost is $30 per day
Stage 3 Collision Damage Waiver (CDW 3) reduces the Insurance Excess to $0 cost is $45 per day
Note: Stage 3 Collision Damage Waiver is only available on hires 7 days or more