One of our favourites!
|Days:||Peak/High Season - November to March||Shoulder Season - April to October
|22 & Over||NZ$299.00||NZ$259.00|
|15 to 21||NZ$319.00||NZ$299.00|
|6 to 14||NZ$339.00||NZ$319.00|
|2 to 5||NZ$359.00||NZ$339.00|
|Engine Type||Air/liquid-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||1254|
|Bore x Stroke||102.5 mm x 76 mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears|
|Fuel System||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2270|
|Overall Width (mm)||980|
|Overall Height (mm)||1460|
|Suspension travel front/rear||210 mm / 220 mm|
|Seat Height (mm)||889|
|Kerb Mass (kg)||268|
Front wheel location / suspension
|BMW Telelever, 37mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; WAD strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel|
|Brakes Front||Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 305 mm|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper|
|Tyre Front||120/70 R19|
|Tyre Rear||170/60 R 17|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||30|
Rental Rates include side luggage cases, all taxes, all toll road fees.
Full comprehensive motorcycle insurance is included in the rental rates. This covers the motorcycle, accessories, fire, theft and third party. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model and is listed in the schedule Insurance Deposits - (Details in Terms and Conditions)
Rental Rates include unlimited free Kms (on hires 4 days or longer)
Peak/High Season: November – March
Shoulder/Low season: April – October
- Included in Hire Fee
- Extras Available
- License requirements
- Security Bond
- FREE Side Luggage premium hard panniers (clip on soft luggage available on request)
- FREE Unlimited Kilometers on rentals 4 Days & over*
- Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance (Standard Deductible Applies)
- Tax (GST)
- Toll Road Fees
- USB charging Port & Quad Lock Phone Mount
- Heated Grips on all our rental motorcycles
- Givi Canyon clip on soft luggage available on request for most models
- BMW models have the factory Navigator GPS Mount.
*Short Term Rentals 2 & 3 days have Free 350 kilometres per day included (Note: Short term hire - if you travel over the generous 350 per day allowance, additional distance will be charged at 59c per KM)
- Motorcycle Navigation - Garmin Zumo XT (for BMW, Triumph & Yamaha)
- Motorcycle Navigation TomTom Rider 400/450 GPS (for Honda Models)
- Bring your own GPS complete with wiring & mounts
- Top-boxes available on all models
- Tank-bags available (Small clip on with clear phone pocket)
- Lowering links can be fitted to the rear suspension CB500X
- Low & High Seats available for CB500X, F750GS & F850GS
- Puncture repair and tyre inflation kits
- Collision Damage Waiver – From $15 per day for lower bond rate
There is a small charge for extras.
- Rider minimum age is 21 years old and must hold valid motorcycle license & can only hire bikes up to 650cc
- Hire Motorcycles 700cc and over have a minimum rider age of 25.
- Long Term Hires - Hires over 22 days rates are by negotiation, please ask for options
- Our main depot is Christchurch, please try to pick up and drop off in CHC.
- One-way hires are expensive. One way hires Auckland -Christchurch, or Christchurch – Auckland will incur a $899 relocation surcharge.
All our rental motorcycles are maintained by fully qualified motorcycle technicians, and are New Zealand Government Transport certified as rental vehicles.
During the hire period NZBIKE.COM is not obliged to replace an accident damaged motorcycle, but we will do our best to get you back on the road as soon as possible. If you damage a motorcycle you must report this to NZBIKE.COM immediately.
During the hire period the hirer is responsible for taking care of the motorcycle including basic maintenance - correct tyre pressures & fluid levels.
Most overseas licenses are valid for use in New Zealand; the same restrictions apply as the country of origin. Riders must be 25 years of age or over for all our motorcycles over 700cc and have reasonable riding experience. Licenses must have a motorcycle endorsement. If your license is not in English, an international driving permit or certified translation will be required.
The customer or the customer's travel agent is responsible for all paperwork requiring entry to New Zealand.
20% deposit required to confirm a RENTAL booking. Deposit 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 31 days of hire commencing. Rentals should be fully paid 30 days prior to departure.
20% deposit required to reserve a TOUR or Group Booking. Deposit is 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 61 days of tour or hire commencing.
Tours or Group Booking should be fully paid 60 days prior to departure, full tour fee is 50% refundable between 60 to 31 days from departure of tour or hire commencing.
All Rentals, Tours or Group Booking if cancelled within 30 days of departure are non-refundable and full payment is due.
Any cancelation due to NZ boarders closing will be 100% refunded or transferred to a later booking once boarders open.
Note: Group Booking is 4 or more bikes.
A bond equal to the insurance excess amount is required from the hirer at the time the motorcycle is picked up. This bond is to be secured with a credit card pre-authorization and is cancelled when the motorcycle is returned undamaged to NZBIKE.COM Depot. Any damage to the motorcycle, up to the insurance excess will be deducted from the security bond (or CDW amount if applicable).
- Note: Credit Card is needed on hire pickup, Bonds are not charged but a pre-authorization of the bond amount is confirmed. Your credit card must have sufficient clear funds equal to the bond amount.
Full comprehensive motorcycle insurance is included in the rental rates. This includes the motorcycle, accessories, fire, theft and third party. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model.
The schedule of Insurance Deposits:
The standard Insurance Excess on all Motorcycles is NZ$4500
Stage 1 Collision Damage Waiver (CDW 1) reduces the Insurance Excess to $2900 cost is $15 per day
Stage 2 Collision Damage Waiver (CDW 2) reduces the Insurance Excess to $950 cost is $30 per day
Stage 3 Collision Damage Waiver (CDW 3) reduces the Insurance Excess to $0 cost is $45 per day
Note: Stage 3 Collision Damage Waiver is only available on hires 7 days or more
NZBIKE.COM will pay for all road tolls on any of it’s rental bikes anywhere in New Zealand.
NZBIKE.COM does not assume responsibility for bodily injury, nor for any damage or loss to personal effects. However while in New Zealand, you are covered by ACC (accident compensation corporation), which may cover all or 80% of medical expenses for any vehicle or personal accident you may suffer. We recommend that you carry comprehensive travel insurance for your entire stay in NZ.
NZBIKE.COM will not be responsible or liable for speeding, parking tickets, weather, acts of god, or any other circumstances beyond it's control. Nor shall NZBIKE.COM be responsible or liable for delay, loss, damage or injury to person or property and/or illness incurred during their stay in connection with or relating to the supply or omission of air, sea, land transportation services, or of accommodation, meals, facilities, entertainment or other services provided by NZBIKE.COM.
NZBIKE.COM will charge a $75 administration fee on any speeding or parking tickets that remain unpaid once the rental is concluded.